For much of the period covered by this Register there were two Ministers, nearly always resident in Oakham, ‘stationed’, in the Oakham Circuit. The circuit also included a part of East Leicestershire.There were chapels in most Rutland villages holding several services, or classes a week. Ministers travelled the circuit (on foot in the early days) staying away from home for several days at a time.Most chapels did not have individual Registers until after the amalgamation of all branches of Methodism in 1932. All Baptisms were therefore entered in the Circuit Register. An earlier Register from 1816–1837 is available in the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.The Register holds Baptism entries for the following villages:AshwellHarringworth, NorthantsRidlingtonBarleythorpeKnossingtonRollestonBarrowLanghamSewsternBilsden, LeicsLeesthorpe, MeltonSkeffington, LeicsBraunstonLiddington/LyddingtonSomerby, LeicsBurleyLoddington, LeicsStoke DryCold Overton, LeicsLoseby/Lowesby, LeicsThorpe by WaterCottesmoreLyndonTilton on the Hill, LeicsEast NortonMantonTugby, LeicsEgletonMarefield, LeicsTwyford, LeicsGarthorpeMorcottUppinghamGlastonNewbold nr SomerbyWhatborough, TiltonGrettonNorth KilworthWhissendineHalstead, LeicsOakhamWingHambleton, Lower & NetherPickwellWithcotePrestonWymondhamThere are also a few other out of area addresses.The Register is owned by the Stamford and Rutland Circuit of the Methodist Church and should not be reproduced without the permission of the Circuit Superintendent.For general enquiries about the Register please click here to email.